Coffee cake recipe! This is another classic easy cake recipe, if you love coffee and walnut. And then by the end of this receipt you can welcome yourself a super fluffy and spongy homemade coffee cake
It is delicious and the coffee butter cream is creamy and utterly delicious. This cake is so simple to make, and you can have all your family to help you. Now let’s see how to make the best cake in easy steps
EASY COFFEE CAKE RECIPE
If you have been a fan of any cooking or baking show then you would understand when we say baking sponge cakes for me is now like a walk in the park.
Coffee cake is perfect for good coffee mornings, afternoon tea or on a special occasion, the flavours are insane and delicious. Not a fan of caffeinated coffee, feel free to swap with decaffeinated coffee or just bake yourself this orange cake instead.
This is the cake recipe you need when you want to impress like you are great baker but really you are just adding dissolved strong coffee granules into a sponge cake.
First what you will need for the coffee cake
- 200 g Self-raising flour sifted
- 1 ½ tablespoon Instant coffee granules
- 80 g caster sugar
- 90 g light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Don’t forget to make the coffee butter cream
- 125 g butter quality butter with high fat content from 75% is recommended
- 270 g Icing sugar / powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon dissolved coffee and in room temperature. Dissolve coffee with the same amount of water
- How to make coffee cake
For garnish just go for easy Chopped walnut.
Let’s see how to make these works together
- Preheat the oven at 180C/375F or 160C/320F (fan oven). Prepare the baking cake pans and line the base with a parchment paper
- Add 1 tablespoon of coffee granules to a small bowl and dissolve with hot boiling water then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer until light and fluffy for about 3 to 5 minutes
- Break the eggs and it to the fluffy butter and sugar mix and beat until combined.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder and mix on low speed until combined. Lastly, fold in the melted coffee and mix to combine.
- Divide the cake batter equally in the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven (middle shelf) for 20 minutes or until the cake tester/ skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven, leave the cake in the tine for about 5 minutes then turn it into a cooling rack to cool completely
- How to make the coffee butter cream
- Add the butter to a mixing bowl. (Make sure the bowl is dry and moist free) beat until light and fluffy about 5 minutes
- Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time to the whipped butter (to avoid the icing sugar going everywhere) and beat until combined. Lastly, add the coffee mixture and milk and continue to mix until the butter cream becomes fluffy, pliable, and smooth.
- Assemble the cake
- Male sure the cake is completely cooled before icing. Divide the butter cream into 2, sandwich half with the cake and add the remaining on top of the cake, it doesn’t have to be perfect and add some crushed walnut to decorate it.